Send Data to 2 PCs
This DirectSoft Project illustrates how to send data to 2 different DataWorx servers using different V memory addresses for the WX configuration.
DL 05 DL 06 DL 205 DL 405
Instructions for the sample are below:
- Verify the slot number that the ECOM module resides in. Hint: In DirectSoft go to menu PLC -> Configure IO... and it should indicate which slot # the ECOM is located
- Load the ladder logic in DirectSoft
- Go to Rungs #1 and #2 and update the LD K190 block for the correct slot #. If the slot # is 2 then change the block to LD K290, if the slot # is 3 then change the block to LD K390 and so on...
- On one PC run DataWorx and use V2000 as the WX location
- On the other PC run DataWorx and use V3000 as the WX location
- In DirectSoft toggle either the Send to PC1 or Send to PC2 contacts. If the setup has been done correctly Send to PC1 should send data to whichever PC is using V2000 for WX and Send To PC2 should send data to whichever PC is using V3000 for WX
Note that the samples are saved in ZIP format. You may need to download additional software in order to open ZIP files. A free ZIP file application can be downloaded at www.winzip.com
Back to Sample Code